Wow! The last 6 weeks have been a whirlwind of craziness. With the training I was in it was go to class all day, come home, maybe eat some dinner, sneak upstairs, study all night and pass out at the screen of my laptop. There was sleep sacrificed to go through some issues with my husband. Sleep sacrificed when Lily was sick. Sleep sacrificed to be a wife to my husband after we got through some crappy stuff. Time with my beautiful children to finish all course work to ensure my babies and family have stability. I could see how difficult it was on my little family. There were times laundry didn't get washed. Times I didn't shower but twice a week. Times I sat and cried upstairs to the sounds of my babies crying for me downstairs. I had to keep telling myself you have to keep going for them. They don't understand now but some day they will. I hope they will see and always know how much I love them. How much love is in every thought and decision I make. They are my life through and through. Over the course I learned that it's very important to make time for myself. Once Jason and I reconciled he saw that I have gained that independence. He saw that he needed to gain his too. He told me to go out and get a pedicure. I got a facial. I got a new dress. I got a new book. He let me decompress with a book and a glass of tea at night downstairs at night sometimes after a tough day knowing that I just needed some quiet time. It's encouraging to see that he is genuine about putting his all into improving this marriage. We were laying in bed last night and he pulls me into him, runs his hands through my hair and says he is so proud and appreciative for everything I have accomplished for our family. I pray that he really sees it and isn't just saying so because he thinks it's what I want to hear. I'm so encouraged to see him try and improve his emotional intellect. As long as he keeps trying so will I. So that is all for tonight. Both of my kiddos are asleep already. I have a book and a glass of wine calling my name!
Comments
Post a Comment